Slow Cooker Collard GreensGot this from a coworker who made these for the office holiday potluck. Collard greens are cooked all day with ham shanks and pickled jalapeno. Yum!Prep:30 minsCook:8 hrsTotal:8 hrs 30 minsServings:16Yield:16 servings
- 4 bunches collard greens – rinsed, trimmed and chopped
- 1 pound ham shanks
- 4 pickled jalapeno peppers, chopped
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ground black pepper to taste
- garlic powder to taste
- Step 1Fill a large pot about 1/2 full with water. Place the ham shanks into the water, and as many of the greens as you can fit. Bring to a gentle boil.
- Step 2As soon as the greens begin wilting, start transferring the greens to the slow cooker. Alternate layers of greens with the ham shanks and jalapeno until the slow cooker is full. Stir in the baking soda, olive oil, pepper and garlic powder. Cover, and bring to a boil on High. Reduce heat to Low, and cook for 8 to 10 hours.
Per Serving: 99 calories; protein 6.6g; carbohydrates 4.2g; fat 6.6g; cholesterol 19.3mg; sodium 81.9mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/17/2021