Cheesy Amish Breakfast CasseroleThis hearty casserole has bacon, eggs, hash browns, and three different cheeses all baked into a comforting breakfast dish, perfect for feeding a crowd.Prep:10 minsCook:55 minsAdditional:10 minsTotal:1 hr 15 minsServings:12Yield:1 9×13-inch casserole
- 1 pound sliced bacon, diced
- 1 sweet onion, chopped
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 9 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cups shredded Cheddar cheese
- 1 ½ cups small curd cottage cheese
- 1 ¼ cups shredded Swiss cheese
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease a 9×13-inch baking dish.
- Step 2Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat; cook and stir bacon and onion until bacon is evenly browned, about 10 minutes. Drain. Transfer bacon and onion to a large bowl. Stir in potatoes, eggs, Cheddar cheese, cottage cheese, and Swiss cheese. Pour mixture into prepared baking dish.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven until eggs are set and cheese is melted, 45 to 50 minutes. Let stand 10 minutes before cutting and serving.
Per Serving: 314 calories; protein 21.7g; carbohydrates 12.1g; fat 22.8g; cholesterol 187.5mg; sodium 608.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 04/23/2021