Peanut Butter Cups
A homemade version of a favorite candy. This easy recipe comes together quickly and is great for gift giving or keeping a stash in your freezer.3.7
30 mini cupcake liners (1.25 inches in diameter)
1/2 cup Land O Lakes® Butter, cut into pieces
1/2 cup chunky-style or creamy peanut butter
1 cup powdered sugar
2/3 cup graham cracker crumbs
1 (11.5-ounce) package milk chocolate chips
2 tablespoons shortening GET INGREDIENTS
How to make
- STEP 1Line 30 mini-muffin cups with paper liners; set aside.
- STEP 2Combine butter and peanut butter in 2-quart saucepan. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until melted and starting to bubble. Add powdered sugar and graham cracker crumbs, stirring until combined. Set aside to cool.
- STEP 3Combine chocolate chips and shortening in medium glass bowl. Microwave in 30-second intervals until melted, stirring after each interval until smooth.
- STEP 4Spoon 1 teaspoon melted chocolate into bottom of each lined muffin cup. Freeze 10 minutes or until set.
- STEP 5Spoon 1 heaping teaspoon peanut butter mixture into each muffin liner on top of chocolate. Press down firmly to fill cup and cover chocolate layer. Use teaspoon to spoon more melted chocolate on top of peanut butter. (If melted chocolate firms up, microwave it 30 seconds to re-melt.)
- STEP 6Refrigerate 30 minutes. Remove from refrigerator; remove line