Baked Sweet and Sour Chicken ThighsA delicious sweet and sour sauce simply made with ketchup, sugar, vinegar, and soy sauce is baked into breading of fried chicken. Most often requested recipe of my family. Worth the effort every time. Serve over white rice.Prep:15 minsCook:45 minsTotal:1 hrServings:8Yield:8 servings
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup cornstarch
- 2 teaspoons garlic salt
- 8 (5 ounce) bone-in chicken thighs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil, or as needed
- 1 pinch onion salt, or to taste
- 1 pinch garlic salt, or to taste
- ground black pepper to taste
- 1 ½ cups white sugar
- 1 cup white vinegar
- ½ cup ketchup
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2Place eggs in a bowl. Combine cornstarch and garlic salt in a second bowl.
- Step 3Dip chicken in egg, then coat in cornstarch mixture.
- Step 4Heat oil in a skillet over medium-high heat. Brown chicken in the hot oil on all sides, sprinkling with onion salt, garlic salt, and pepper while frying, 3 to 5 minutes.
- Step 5Combine sugar, vinegar, ketchup, and soy sauce in a bowl.
- Step 6Place browned chicken in a 9×13-inch casserole dish and pour sauce over top.
- Step 7Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 40 to 60 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 450 calories; protein 26.1g; carbohydrates 56.4g; fat 13g; cholesterol 134mg; sodium 1028mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 05/11/2021