Pasta Salad With a Creamy Lemon DressingVery light flavor and low in calories. Originally meant to be a side dish I made some healthy substitutions and added shrimp. I usually serve with asparagus, the entire family loves it.Prep:20 minsCook:20 minsTotal:40 minsServings:5Yield:5 servings
- ¼ cup Greek yogurt
- ¼ cup chicken broth
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 10 ounces penne pasta
- 40 medium shrimp, or more to taste
- 2 tablespoons olive oil, or more to taste
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- ½ cup chopped scallions (green onions)
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- ½ cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- ½ lemon, thinly sliced
- Step 1Whisk yogurt, chicken broth, lemon juice, Dijon mustard, garlic, and 1 teaspoon black pepper together in a bowl until dressing is smooth.
- Step 2Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil; add penne and cook, stirring occasionally, until tender yet firm to the bite, about 8 minutes. Drain and rinse under cold water until pasta is slightly cooled.
- Step 3Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Step 4Toss shrimp and 2 tablespoons olive oil together in a bowl; season with salt and pepper. Transfer to a glass baking dish.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until shrimp are bright pink and cooked through, 10 to 12 minutes.
- Step 6Toss pasta with dressing in a bowl. Add shrimp and scallions; season with 1 teaspoon kosher salt and more pepper. Garnish pasta salad with Cheddar cheese and lemon slices.
Use Dreamfields(R) pasta to reduce carbs without changing the taste.
Per Serving: 382 calories; protein 24.4g; carbohydrates 45.1g; fat 12.2g; cholesterol 136mg; sodium 759.8mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.