Slow Cooker Pasta Fagioli SoupThis Italian pasta fagioli soup is fairly healthy and tasty, and easy to make in a slow cooker.Prep:20 minsCook:4 hrs 5 minsTotal:4 hrs 25 minsServings:12Yield:12 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef
- 1 (32 ounce) carton beef stock
- 2 (14.5 ounce) cans Italian-style diced tomatoes
- 1 (28 ounce) jar spaghetti sauce
- 1 (15 ounce) can red kidney beans, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can white kidney beans, drained
- 4 cups beef broth
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 2 medium carrots, diced
- 3 stalks celery, diced
- 5 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®)
- 1 cup ditalini pasta
- Step 1Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat. Cook and stir ground beef in the hot skillet until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer beef into a slow cooker.
- Step 2Add beef stock, diced tomatoes, spaghetti sauce, red and white kidney beans, beef broth, onion, carrots, celery, parsley, oregano, pepper, salt, and hot sauce to the slow cooker.
- Step 3Cover and cook on Low for 7 to 8 hours or on High for 4 to 6 hours, adding pasta in during the last 15 minutes.
You can use venison in place of ground beef, and bow-tie pasta in place of ditalini.
Per Serving: 355 calories; protein 21.8g; carbohydrates 32.5g; fat 14.6g; cholesterol 47.7mg; sodium 1072mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.