Best Easy Chicken CroquettesMy mom used to get chicken croquettes at a fancy restaurant when she was a young woman. I made these once for Mother’s Day. She loved them.Servings:3Yield:3 servings
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of chicken soup
- 1 ½ cups finely chopped, cooked chicken meat
- ¼ cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs
- 2 tablespoons minced celery
- 1 tablespoon minced onion
- ¼ teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 tablespoon shortening
- ½ cup milk
- ⅛ tablespoon poultry seasoning
- ½ cup Italian-style dry bread crumbs, for rolling
- Step 1Combine 1/3 cup of the soup, chicken, bread crumbs, celery, onion and 1/4 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Mix well and shape into 6 croquettes (I make patties). Chill in refrigerator for about 1 hour.
- Step 2Remove croquettes from refrigerator and roll in additional bread crumbs. In a large skillet, melt 1 to 2 tablespoons shortening. Brown the croquettes in the shortening. Meanwhile, in a small saucepan, combine the remaining soup, milk and 1/8 teaspoon poultry seasoning. Heat over low, stirring occasionally. Serve sauce over croquettes.
Per Serving: 375 calories; protein 27.1g; carbohydrates 30.4g; fat 15.5g; cholesterol 64.2mg; sodium 1250.2mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 06/03/2021