Cherry Angel Food CakeThe traditional angel food cake with a new twist – cherries!Prep:30 minsCook:50 minsAdditional:10 minsTotal:1 hr 30 minsServings:12Yield:1 – 10 inch tube pan
- 1 cup sifted cake flour
- 1 cup egg whites
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 1 ¼ cups white sugar
- ¾ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon almond extract
- ⅓ cup maraschino cherries, drained and sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C). Make sure your 10 inch tube pan is clean and dry. Sift flour three times and set aside.
- Step 2In a large glass or metal mixing bowl, beat egg whites with salt and cream of tartar until foamy. Gradually add sugar, continuing to beat until stiff peaks form. Blend in vanilla and almond extract. Fold the flour into the whites until no streaks remain. Pour half of the batter into pan. Sprinkle with half of the cherries. Fill pan with remaining batter and top with remaining cherries.
- Step 3Bake in the preheated oven for 50 minutes. Invert pan and allow to hang until cake cools.
Per Serving: 143 calories; protein 3.2g; carbohydrates 32.5g; fat 0.1g; sodium 82.5mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 06/03/2021