Slow Cooker Pork Loin Roast with Brown Sugar and Sweet PotatoesOne of my favorite recipes passed on to me from a friend many years ago. This pork loin roast with brown sugar is easy to prepare and when it’s done, it’s so delicious! Serve with a green vegetable or salad and dinner rolls.Prep:10 minsCook:6 hrsTotal:6 hrs 10 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 1 tablespoon pork rub seasoning, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon Chinese five-spice powder
- 1 (3 pound) pork loin roast
- 2 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons butter
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Mix pork rub seasoning and Chinese five-spice powder together in a small bowl. Rub all over pork roast.
- Step 2Place sweet potatoes into the bottom of a slow cooker; add brown sugar and butter. Place roast on top and season with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Cook on Low until roast is fork-tender, 6 to 7 hours. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 145 degrees F (63 degrees C).
Do not add any water to the slow cooker.
If pork doesn’t seem quite done after 7 hours, turn cooker on High for about 45 minutes longer.
Per Serving: 381 calories; protein 27.6g; carbohydrates 33.9g; fat 14.6g; cholesterol 94.9mg; sodium 214.3mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 06/03/2021