BBQ Chicken Breasts in the OvenMake this quick and easy BBQ chicken breast in the oven for those times when you want a good meal but don’t feel like fussing. Nuke a few potatoes for baked, steam some fresh broccoli or saute some green beans, and you got dinner in about an hour.Prep:10 minsCook:45 minsTotal:55 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 4 whole skin-on, bone-in chicken breasts
- 1 cup barbecue sauce (such as Sweet Baby Ray’s®)
- kosher salt and coarsely ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Line a baking pan with heavy-duty foil to make cleanup easier.
- Step 2Prepare chicken breasts by cutting off the rib meat if you wish and rinse and pat dry. Leave the skin on. Season chicken with salt and pepper and put in the pan.
- Step 3Bake in the preheated oven until juices start to appear, about 10 minutes. Reduce oven temperature to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C). Remove the pan and generously pour 1/2 of the barbecue sauce over chicken. Continue to bake for 20 minutes. Repeat with remaining barbecue sauce and cook until no longer pink in the centers and skin is crispy, 15 to 20 minutes more.
The times given are for my oven settings. Times and temperature can vary from oven to oven so adjust accordingly. Can also be grilled but you have to attend to them and add sauce more often = more work.
You can use boneless breasts also but they have a tendency to turn out dry. Adjust cooking times if you do.
You can use any prepared or homemade BBQ sauce you prefer.
Per Serving: 476 calories; protein 57.9g; carbohydrates 22.7g; fat 15.3g; cholesterol 163.2mg; sodium 937.3mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 06/05/2021