Fried Chicken SandwichThese are pretty darn close to those Chick-fil-A sandwiches found in the mall food court. I like to make them on Sundays. Serve with waffle fries!Prep:20 minsCook:10 minsAdditional:1 hr 5 minsTotal:1 hr 35 minsServings:6Yield:6 sandwiches
- 3 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 12 dill pickle slices, with brine
- peanut oil for frying
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon celery salt
- ½ teaspoon dried basil
- 2 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 6 sandwich buns
- Step 1Place each chicken breast between 2 sheets of heavy plastic on a solid, level surface. Firmly pound chicken with the smooth side of a meat mallet to an even thickness. Cut each breast in half and place in a bowl. Pour pickle brine on top and let sit for 1 hour.
- Step 2Meanwhile, mix flour, powdered sugar, salt, paprika, pepper, celery salt, and basil in a bowl.
- Step 3Whisk eggs and milk together in another bowl.
- Step 4Drain liquid from the chicken and rinse off briefly. Shake any excess liquid from chicken.
- Step 5Heat oil in a deep-fryer or large skillet to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 6Dip each piece of chicken into the flour mixture, then into the egg-milk mixture, then coat again with the flour. Dip each piece again, if desired.
- Step 7Deep-fry chicken, 3 pieces at a time, until golden brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted into the center should read at least 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Step 8Let chicken rest on a cooling rack set over a baking sheet for 5 minutes. While chicken is resting, lightly butter each sandwich bun and toast them in a skillet.
- Step 9Add 2 pickle slices to the bottom of each bun, then a chicken piece, then top with the other bun. Repeat to make remaining sandwiches.
Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of pickle brine marinade. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
We have determined the nutritional value of oil for frying based on a retention value of 10% after cooking. Amount will vary depending on cooking time and temperature, ingredient density, and specific type of oil used.
Per Serving: 405 calories; protein 16.5g; carbohydrates 183.2g; fat 19.9g; cholesterol 105.3mg; sodium 1440.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 06/05/2021