Quiche with SausageThis quiche with sausage pairs well with fresh fruit for breakfast or brunch, or is hearty with a salad and crusty bread at dinner.Prep:15 minsCook:50 minsAdditional:5 minsTotal:1 hr 10 minsServings:16Yield:2 9-inch quiches
- 2 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 stalks celery, finely diced
- 1 onion, finely diced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound bulk plain pork sausage
- ½ tablespoon dried sage
- 1 (8 ounce) container cottage cheese
- 8 eggs
- ½ cup milk
- 1 teaspoon dried tarragon
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (8 ounce) package shredded Cheddar-Monterey Jack cheese blend
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C).
- Step 2Unroll each crust into two 9-inch pie pans.
- Step 3Heat oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook celery, onion, and garlic in the hot oil for 1 to 2 minutes. Add sausage, breaking apart to brown; sprinkle in sage and continue browning until no longer pink, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from heat. Add cottage cheese and mix well.
- Step 4Divide meat mixture evenly and spoon into each of the two pie crusts.
- Step 5Whisk eggs, milk, tarragon, salt, and pepper together in a mixing bowl. Pour egg mixture over meat mixture in the pie crusts. Sprinkle Cheddar-Jack cheese over the tops.
- Step 6Bake, uncovered, in the preheated oven on the middle rack until tops are puffed and golden brown, about 40 minutes. Remove from the oven and let stand for 5 to 10 minutes before slicing.
Per Serving: 307 calories; protein 13.8g; carbohydrates 13g; fat 22.1g; cholesterol 125.6mg; sodium 634.8mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.