Yield: 28 Cookies
Oatmeal Raisin Cookies
4.7 Stars (20 Reviews)Prep Time15 minutesCook Time13 minutesTotal Time28 minutes
Soft and chewy, old fashioned Oatmeal Raisin Cookies with a hint of cinnamon and nutmeg! Delicious, homemade cookies like you enjoyed in childhood!
- 1 cup unsalted butter, melted
- 1 ½ cups packed DARK brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ¾ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 Tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 cups old fashioned oats
- 2 cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. Line a cookie sheet with parchment paper. Set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat butter with brown sugar for about two minutes. Scrape down the sides of the bowl as needed.
- Add the eggs and vanilla extract, and beat for an additional minute.
- Add flour, cinnamon, nutmeg, baking soda, kosher salt, and cornstarch. Mix on low just until combined.
- Add in old fashioned oats and combine on low speed. Fold in all but ¼ cup of raisins.
- Drop cookie dough by 2 Tablespoon scoop onto baking sheet. Press several raisins firmly into the top of the cookie dough.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes. DO not overbake. The edges will beging to brown and the middle of the cookie may seem underbaked, but will continue to cook when removed from oven.
- Allow cookies to sit on cookie sheet 5 minutes, then transfer to wire rack.
- STORAGE: Store cookies in airtight container for up to 4 days. Or freeze for up to 3 months.
- OATS: Do not substitute quick cook oats. They will absorb the moisture in the cookie and result in a dry, crumbly texture.
- RAISINS: For best results, use fresh raisins. Or use a combination of raisins and GOLDEN raisins! To get plump raisins, soak raisins in warm water while you’re making the cookie dough!
- Dark Brown Sugar- the key to that molasses flavor that keeps these cookies moist! If you swap it out for light brown sugar, add a Tablespoon of molasses too!
- Cornstarch- keeps these cookies soft for days!
Yield: 28Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 197Total Fat: 8gSaturated Fat: 4gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 3gCholesterol: 31mgSodium: 101mgCarbohydrates: 31gFiber: 2gSugar: 16gProtein: 3g
*Nutrition facts are an estimate and not guaranteed to be accurate. Please see a registered dietitian for special diet advice.