Yield: 8 Servings
Key Lime Pie
There’s no pie like Key Lime Pie when it comes to summer desserts! With a homemade graham cracker crust and fresh squeezed juice from real key limes, this Key Lime Pie recipe is the only one you’ll ever need.
For the crust:
- 1 ½ cups graham cracker crumbs
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- ⅓ cup unsalted butter, melted
For the filling:
- 6 oz. cream cheese (room temperature)
- 14 oz. sweetened condensed milk
- 4 large egg yolks
- 1 Tablespoon key lime zest
- ½ cup key lime juice (juice of 4-5 limes)
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- Lime zest
- Whipped Cream
- Preheat oven to 325℉.
- In a food processor, pulse graham crackers (about 11 full size crackers) to make 1 ½ cups. Combine the graham cracker crumbs and the granulated sugar. Add the melted butter and stir until combined.
- Using your spoon or your hands, firmly press the mixture into a 9-inch pie plate, starting with the sides.
- Bake crust for 7 minutes. After baking, remove the pie plate from the oven and increase the temperature to 350℉.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese and sweetened condensed milk with a mixer until smooth. Add egg yolks, one at a time, mixing well after each addition. Add lime zest, juice and vanilla extract.
- Pour filling over the hot crust and return to the oven to bake for an additional 15-20 minutes.
- The filling should jiggle slightly in the center when shaken. It should be firm to the touch, but should not be brown. It will continue to solidify as it cools.
- Cover and chill in the refrigerator for 4 hours or until ready to serve.
- Garnish with lime slices, lime zest and whipped cream.
- Key limes are hard to find, if using regular limes, find plump juicy limes (you’ll need about 4-5 limes)
Yield: 8Serving Size: 1 slice
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 525Total Fat: 26gSaturated Fat: 14gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 10gCholesterol: 181mgSodium: 262mgCarbohydrates: 65gFiber: 1gSugar: 54gProtein: 11g