Yummy Honey Chicken KabobsHoney chicken kabobs with veggies. You can marinate overnight and make these kabobs for an outdoor barbecue as a tasty alternative to the usual barbecue fare! Fresh mushrooms and cherry tomatoes can also be used. (This can also be done in the broiler.)By Ann MariePrep:15 minsCook:15 minsAdditional:2 hrsTotal:2 hrs 30 minsServings:12Yield:12 servings
- ¼ cup vegetable oil
- ⅓ cup honey
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 8 skinless, boneless chicken breast halves – cut into 1 inch cubes
- 2 cloves garlic
- 5 small onions, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 red bell peppers, cut into 2 inch pieces
- Step 1In a large bowl, whisk together oil, honey, soy sauce, and pepper. Before adding chicken, reserve a small amount of marinade to brush onto kabobs while cooking. Place the chicken, garlic, onions and peppers in the bowl, and marinate in the refrigerator at least 2 hours (the longer the better).
- Step 2Preheat the grill for high heat.
- Step 3Drain marinade from the chicken and vegetables, and discard marinade. Thread chicken and vegetables alternately onto the skewers.
- Step 4Lightly oil the grill grate. Place the skewers on the grill. Cook for 12 to 15 minutes, until chicken juices run clear. Turn and brush with reserved marinade frequently.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/01/2021