Corn Salad with Creamy Italian DressingSimple deliciousness, that’s what this is. This corn salad recipe is one of my favorite summer side dishes. It’s a perfect complement to just about any meat you pull off the grill, and can be dressed in countless ways. Serve at room temperature.By Chef JohnPrep:20 minsCook:15 minsAdditional:8 hrsTotal:8 hrs 35 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- ½ cup mayonnaise
- ¼ cup red wine vinegar
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 2 teaspoons water
- ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ½ teaspoon white sugar
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon Italian seasoning
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or more to taste
- olive oil
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen sweet corn, thawed
- 1 cup diced roasted red peppers
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 5 fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced, or more to taste
- 1 pinch cayenne pepper, or to taste
- Step 1Whisk mayonnaise, vinegar, 1/4 cup olive oil, garlic, water, 1/2 teaspoon black pepper, sugar, 1/4 teaspoon salt, Italian seasoning, and a pinch cayenne pepper together in a bowl until dressing is thick and creamy. Cover dressing with plastic wrap and refrigerate, 8 hours or overnight.
- Step 2Heat 1 tablespoon olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat. Cook and stir corn in hot oil until light golden brown and toasted, about 15 minutes.
- Step 3Mix corn and red pepper together in a bowl. Pour enough dressing over corn mixture to coat completely. Season with salt and black pepper.
- Step 4Stir basil and a pinch cayenne pepper into corn mixture; toss.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of the dressing ingredients. The actual amount of the dressing consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 314 calories; protein 3g; carbohydrates 19.4g; fat 26.6g; cholesterol 7mg; sodium 333.1mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/08/2021