Slow Cooker Spanish RiceEasy, quick Spanish rice in a slow cooker.By CHILLIE72Prep:20 minsCook:6 hrs 5 minsTotal:6 hrs 25 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 2 pounds ground beef or chuck
- 1 (28 ounce) can whole peeled tomatoes
- 2 green bell peppers, chopped
- 1 cup water
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 2 onions, chopped
- 1 cup uncooked converted rice
- 2 ½ teaspoons salt
- 2 ½ teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons Worcestershire sauce
- Step 1Place ground beef in a large skillet. Cook and stir over medium-high heat until browned and crumbly, 5 to 7 minutes. Drain and discard grease. Transfer beef to a slow cooker.
- Step 2Combine tomatoes, green pepper, water, tomato sauce, onions, rice, salt, chili powder, and Worcestershire sauce in the slow cooker. Stir thoroughly. Cover and cook on Low until rice is tender, 6 to 8 hours.
Add 1 teaspoon cayenne pepper to give it a spicy kick!
You can also cook on High for 3 hours.
Per Serving: 399 calories; protein 22.1g; carbohydrates 38.1g; fat 17.7g; cholesterol 68.6mg; sodium 1428.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/08/2021