Persian Shish KabobKeep it simple is the idea in this recipe. The beef is marinated in a mixture of lime juice and onion, seasoned with salt and pepper, and grilled. Serve with a Persian style pilaf.By MANOUCHEHR DELSHAKIBPrep:20 minsCook:15 minsTotal:35 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 2 pounds beef tenderloin
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- ⅛ cup fresh lime juice
- Step 1Cut beef into cubes 1×1/2 inch. Add to a medium mixing bowl along with the onion, salt, black pepper, and lime juice. Mix well, cover, and refrigerate overnight.
- Step 2Preheat grill for high heat.
- Step 3Thread beef on skewers, 6 to 8 pieces per skewer.
- Step 4Lightly oil grate, and place kebobs on grill. Cook for 3 to 4 minutes per side, 12 to 16 minutes in all.
Per Serving: 297 calories; protein 38.4g; carbohydrates 3.4g; fat 13.5g; cholesterol 113mg; sodium 1830.2mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/12/2021