Grandma Carol’s Pumpkin Roll My mom always makes her pumpkin roll around Thanksgiving and takes one to work where everyone asks her if she can make them one and they all want the recipe. You may want to halve the recipe unless you are making for a crowd or to give away. It makes a lot. It is without a doubt the best pumpkin roll I’ve ever had!By SusieQPrep:30 minsCook:10 minsAdditional:1 hr 10 minsTotal:1 hr 50 minsServings:24
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 1 cup white sugar
- ⅔ cup pumpkin puree
- ¾ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon ground cloves
- ½ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 (16 ounce) package confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup chopped pecans
- 2 teaspoons confectioners’ sugar for dusting, or as needed
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Butter a 12×17-inch jelly roll pan and line with parchment paper; butter the parchment paper. Generously dust a kitchen towel with confectioners’ sugar.
- Step 2Beat eggs, white sugar, and pumpkin together in a bowl until creamy.
- Step 3Sift flour, baking soda, cinnamon, cloves, and nutmeg together in a separate bowl; gradually stir into egg mixture. Stir to combine. Spread batter evenly into the prepared pan.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven for exactly 10 minutes.
- Step 5Immediately turn cake onto the prepared kitchen towel. Starting at a long end, roll up pumpkin cake and towel. Let rolled cake rest for 10 minutes.
- Step 6Beat cream cheese, butter, 16-ounce package confectioners’ sugar, and vanilla extract together in a bowl until smooth; fold in pecans.
- Step 7Unroll cake; spread with the filling. Roll up cake (without towel). Cut off any jagged ends. Cover and refrigerate until chilled. Cut cake in half if desired; sprinkle with confectioners’ sugar before serving.
Per Serving: 208 calories; protein 2.4g; carbohydrates 31.8g; fat 8.5g; cholesterol 36.1mg; sodium 112.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/19/2021