Grandma’s Apple DumplingsThis is a simple and delicious recipe for apples wrapped in dough with an orange vanilla sauce. Don’t forget the ice cream!By Megan SneedPrep:15 minsCook:30 minsTotal:45 minsServings:8Yield:8 dumplings
- 2 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and quartered
- 1 (8 ounce) can refrigerated crescent rolls
- ⅛ teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ½ cup butter
- ¾ cup white sugar
- 1 cup orange juice
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Wrap each apple piece in one crescent roll. Place seam side down in an 8×8 baking dish and sprinkle with cinnamon.
- Step 2In medium saucepan, combine butter, sugar, and orange juice; bring to a boil. Remove from heat and stir in vanilla. Pour over rolls.
- Step 3Bake for 30 minutes, or until pastry is golden and apples are tender. Spoon sauce over rolls when serving.
Per Serving: 315 calories; protein 2.4g; carbohydrates 37.4g; fat 17.6g; cholesterol 30.5mg; sodium 302.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/19/2021