Aztec Chicken with Sweet Potato-Corn MashA great taste of central Mexico with a little heat and quite a bit of flavor! Garnish with two halves grilled plantain or banana and cilantro.By Vintage ChefPrep:15 minsCook:57 minsAdditional:3 hrs 20 minsTotal:4 hrs 32 minsServings:6Yield:6 chicken breasts
- canola oil
- ¼ cup honey
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon ancho chile powder
- ½ tablespoon garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons Mexican-style hot sauce (such as Cholula®)
- 6 (8 ounce) bone-in chicken breast halves
Sweet Potato-Corn Mash:
- 5 ears corn
- 1 tablespoon canola oil, or as needed
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 2 large sweet potatoes
- ¼ cup heavy whipping cream
- Step 1Combine oil, honey, ancho chile powder, garlic, and hot sauce in a bowl; whisk together. Place chicken breasts in a large resealable plastic bag; pour in marinade and close bag. Marinate in refrigerator, 3 hours to overnight.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 450 degrees F (230 degrees C).
- Step 3Place sweet potatoes on a baking sheet. Place corn in a shallow baking pan. Brush with canola oil; season with salt and pepper. Cover pan with aluminum foil.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until corn is roasted and brown, about 25 minutes. Continue baking until sweet potatoes are tender, about 45 minutes more.
- Step 5Allow corn and sweet potatoes to cool until easy to handle, about 20 minutes. Cut kernels from ears of corn; transfer half to a blender. Peel and cube sweet potatoes; add to the blender. Add cream; puree. Transfer mash to a bowl; stir in the remaining corn. Season with salt and pepper. Cover and keep warm.
- Step 6Preheat grill for medium heat and lightly oil the grate.
- Step 7Remove chicken from bag and place on preheated grill; discard remaining marinade. Cook until no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, about 6 minutes per side. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
- Step 8Cut chicken breasts into 3 equal pieces; serve on top of sweet potato-corn mash.
Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 780 calories; protein 50.4g; carbohydrates 62.9g; fat 37.5g; cholesterol 141.1mg; sodium 274mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/20/2021