YIELD: 4 SERVINGS
Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice
All of the flavor of your favorite take out chicken fried rice but without the high number of carbs or calories! Ready in 20 minutes!PREP TIME10 minutesCOOK TIME10 minutesTOTAL TIME20 minutes
- 2 Tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 Tablespoon chile sesame oil
- 1 clove garlic, finely chopped
- 3 cups boneless skinless chicken breast, cooked and diced
- ½ cup celery, diced
- ½ cup bell pepper, diced
- 2 ½ cups riced cauliflower
- ¼ cup green onion, divided use
- 1 ½ Tablespoons soy sauce (or liquid aminos)
- 1 Tablespoon chipotle peppers in adobo, mashed to a paste
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger
- 2 large eggs
- On medium high heat, heat the sesame oil and chile sesame oil in a wok or large skillet until it shimmers. Turn the heat down to medium.
- Add the chopped garlic and cook quickly over medium heat – don’t let it brown. Add the celery and bell peppers. If you are using fresh cauliflower rice add it now.
- Stir fry for about one minute.
- Add the chicken. Stir fry for one to two minutes more.
- If using FROZEN cauliflower rice add that now. If you already added the fresh, skip this step.
- Pour in the soy sauce, chipotle in adobo, and powdered ginger. Give it a good stir.
- Move the cauliflower mixture to the side to create empty space in the pan.
- Quickly beat the eggs with a whisk just until the yolk and the white are mixed. Pour in the beaten eggs.
- Using the bamboo spatula push the egg around and mix in with the cauliflower mixture until it is cooked.
- Stir in half of the green onions.
- Taste and add more soy sauce or chipotle if necessary.
- Serve garnished with remaining green onions.
- Use 3 tablespoons of chile sesame oil and leave out the plain sesame oil for a spicier dish. Use smoked sesame oil for more flavor.
- Chicken thighs may be substituted for the breast. Cooked pork may be substituted for the chicken.
- Store in the refrigerator in an airtight container for up to 4 days.
- Save time by using frozen cauliflower rice. Add it in while it’s still frozen – no need to thaw. One bag of Green Giant frozen rice cauliflower is about 2 1/2 cups.
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 332TOTAL FAT: 17gSATURATED FAT: 3gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 12gCHOLESTEROL: 182mgSODIUM: 481mgCARBOHYDRATES: 7gFIBER: 2gSUGAR: 2gPROTEIN: 38g© AimeeCUISINE: Chinese / CATEGORY: Side Dishes
Savory and lightly spicy, Chicken Fried Cauliflower Rice is a low carb diner’s dream. Lower in calories and higher in protein than regular versions, this Asian inspired recipe is a must try.