Peri Peri African Chicken
This is a great spicy marinade recipe, a traditional African dish, great for BBQ. Nice with salad and fries, but I like adding it to a pita with salad and garlic Greek yogurt (3/4 cup Greek yogurt and 3 cloves of crushed garlic with finely chopped chives). Don’t go on a date though, gives you wicked garlic breath!By UKNO1CHEFPrep:5 minsCook:15 minsAdditional:3 hrsTotal:3 hrs 20 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- ¼ cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons hot chili powder
- 1 cup fresh lemon juice
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh ginger
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 4 bone-in chicken breast halves
- Step 1In a large bowl, stir together the paprika, chili powder, lemon juice, garlic, ginger and salt. Rub chicken with the mixture, place in a dish, and marinate for 3 hours.
- Step 2Preheat a grill for medium heat.
- Step 3Place chicken onto the grill and discard the marinade. Cook for about 30 minutes, turning occasionally, until the skin is slightly charred and juices run clear.
The nutrition data for this recipe includes information for the full amount of the marinade ingredients. Depending on marinating time, ingredients, cooking method, etc., the actual amount of the marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 348 calories; protein 46.8g; carbohydrates 12.1g; fat 13.3g; cholesterol 126.6mg; sodium 1022.6mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/20/2021