Broccoli Casserole IIThis is my grandmother’s casserole, and her standard addition to our family dinners. Leftovers aren’t leftover long.By JENCOOKPrep:10 minsCook:35 minsTotal:45 minsServings:6Yield:6 to 8 servings
- 1 cup uncooked white rice
- 5 tablespoons margarine
- 1 cup chopped onions
- 1 cup chopped celery
- 1 (10 ounce) package chopped frozen broccoli, thawed and drained
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed cream of mushroom soup
- 1 (8 ounce) jar processed cheese spread with jalapeno
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Step 2In a saucepan bring 2 cups water to a boil. Add rice and stir. Reduce heat, cover and simmer for 20 minutes.
- Step 3Melt margarine in a medium skillet over medium heat. Saute onions and celery until tender.
- Step 4In a 2 quart casserole dish combine onions, celery, cooked rice, broccoli, mushroom soup and processed cheese spread; mix well.
- Step 5Bake in preheated oven for 35 minutes.
Per Serving: 281 calories; protein 6g; carbohydrates 35.2g; fat 13.3g; cholesterol 3.3mg; sodium 531.6mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/23/2021