Baked Fake Steak with GravyDon’t let the time scare you. This is an easy, simple and good recipe for using hamburger, or any ground meat. This is good to mix one day and bake the next. Goes well with noodles, rice or mashed potatoes.By BARB MAXWELLPrep:20 minsCook:1 hrAdditional:1 dayTotal:1 dayServings:12Yield:12 servings
- 3 pounds ground beef
- 17 saltine crackers, finely crushed
- ½ cup milk
- 1 ½ teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons onion powder
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 pinch salt, or to taste
- ½ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 (10.75 ounce) can condensed beef and mushroom soup
- 1 (.75 ounce) packet dry brown gravy mix
- Step 1In a large bowl, mix together the ground beef, saltine crackers and milk. Season with garlic powder, onion powder, salt and pepper, and mix until well blended. Line a 10×15 inch jellyroll pan with waxed paper. Press the beef mixture firmly into the pan. Cover with plastic wrap, and refrigerate 8 to 10 hours, or overnight.
- Step 2Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Remove plastic wrap from meat, and rub flour over the top side of the beef. Flip out of the pan onto waxed paper, and rub flour on the other side as well. Cut into pieces (I use a pizza cutter).
- Step 3Heat oil in a large heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Fry the meat until browned on each side, turning only once. Remove to a 9×13 inch baking dish. In a medium bowl, mix together the water, condensed soup, and gravy mix. Pour over the meat in the dish. Cover the dish loosely with aluminum foil.
- Step 4Bake for 1 hour in the preheated oven. Serve patties and gravy with potatoes, rice, or noodles.
Brown beef, and place in slow cooker with gravy mixture. Cook on low for 5 to 8 hours.
Per Serving: 272 calories; protein 21.1g; carbohydrates 10.2g; fat 15.8g; cholesterol 70.8mg; sodium 393.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/28/2021