YIELD: 16 MUSHROOMS
Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms
Easy Gluten Free Stuffed Mushrooms are cheesy, garlicky and irresistible! These are packed with fresh spinach and sprinkled with parmesan for dish that’s as nourishing as it is delicious.PREP TIME25 minutesCOOK TIME15 minutesTOTAL TIME40 minutes
- 16 medium white mushrooms (about 1 lb)
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 3 cloves garlic, chopped
- 3 cups fresh spinach
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper
- 4 oz cream cheese, softened
- 2 Tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- ¼ cup + 2 Tablespoons grated parmesan cheese, divided
- Wash mushrooms and remove stems. Chop stems into small pieces.
- Add olive oil to a large skillet and heat over medium heat. Add chopped garlic and chopped mushrooms stems. Stir until lightly browned and fragrant (several minutes).
- Add fresh spinach and stir until cooked and wilted. Add salt and pepper.
- Add cream cheese. Heat until soft and melted and ingredients are combined. Remove from heat.
- Add chopped parsley and ¼ cup grated parmesan cheese. Stir to combine.
- Fill mushrooms with ½ Tablsepoon of the creamy spinach mix. Sprinkle some extra parmesan cheese on top of the mushrooms.
- Place mushrooms on a baking sheet and bake them for 12-15 minutes at 375 degrees F. They should be fork-tender.
- Remove from the oven and drain the excess liquid of the tray. Serve hot!
- Add a Tablespoon of almond flour to the mixture after cooking if you want it more filling.
- You can make this recipe in advance. Keep filled mushrooms covered in the fridge until baking time.
- Sprinkle with red pepper flakes for a little heat after baking!
Amount Per Serving: CALORIES: 41TOTAL FAT: 4gSATURATED FAT: 2gTRANS FAT: 0gUNSATURATED FAT: 2gCHOLESTEROL: 8mgSODIUM: 79mgCARBOHYDRATES: 2gFIBER: 0gSUGAR: 1gPROTEIN: 1g