Garlic-Brown Sugar Chicken ThighsI love the crunchy chicken skin and brown sugar pan sauce that comes out of this.By JasonPrep:10 minsCook:35 minsTotal:45 minsServings:8Yield:8 chicken thighs
- 8 bone-in, skin-on chicken thighs
- salt and ground black pepper to taste
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, divided
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ cup packed brown sugar
- ¼ cup honey
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ¼ teaspoon dried thyme
- ¼ teaspoon dried basil
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Season chicken thighs with salt and pepper.
- Step 3Melt 2 tablespoons butter in a large oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat. Add chicken, skin-side down, and sear until brown, 2 to 3 minutes per side. Remove chicken to a plate.
- Step 4Melt remaining butter in the skillet. Add garlic; cook and stir until fragrant, 1 to 2 minutes. Remove from heat and stir in brown sugar, honey, oregano, thyme, and basil until well combined. Return chicken to the skillet.
- Step 5Bake in the preheated oven until chicken is no longer pink at the bone and the juices run clear, 25 to 30 minutes. An instant-read thermometer inserted near the bone should read 165 degrees F (74 degrees C).
Per Serving: 264 calories; protein 19.3g; carbohydrates 9.5g; fat 16.2g; cholesterol 82.5mg; sodium 86.5mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/30/2021