Posh Fish FingersFish fingers with a twist! I first learned how to bread fish at the Hotel St. George in Harrogate. You could serve them with chips and tell them it’s the best fish and chips you can get outside Yorkshire.By GoosePrep:15 minsCook:5 minsTotal:20 minsServings:4Yield:8 fish fingers
- 1 pound flounder fillets
- ⅓ cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup dry bread crumbs
- 1 tablespoon vegetable bouillon powder
- ¼ cup chopped fresh parsley, or more to taste
- 3 large eggs
- 2 tablespoons sunflower oil, or more as needed
- 1 medium lemon, cut into wedges
- Step 1Clean fish fillets and cut into 8 thin pieces. Place on a kitchen towel to dry.
- Step 2Place flour and bread crumbs in two separate bowls. Divide bouillon powder and parsley between the 2 bowls and mix to combine. Beat eggs with a fork in a third bowl.
- Step 3Dip fish into the flour, then into the egg wash, and finally dust lightly in bread crumbs. Place on a plate.
- Step 4Heat sunflower oil in a frying pan over medium heat. Gently add fish to the hot oil and fry until golden brown, about 1 1/2 minutes. Flip and repeat on the other side. Drain on a paper towel-lined plate.
- Step 5Serve fillets with parsley and lemon wedges.
Use plaice instead of flounder if you can. Plaice is nice and soft and not too fishy.
Take care when cooking this dish. Never leave a hot frying pan unattended and be careful of becoming splattered with oil.
Per Serving: 370 calories; protein 31.2g; carbohydrates 30.6g; fat 13.7g; cholesterol 199.7mg; sodium 350.2mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 07/30/2021