Cold Green Bean Salad with Mango and Red PeppersThis cold and crunchy green bean and mango salad is made with just a few ingredients but packs a punch when it comes to flavor. Its freshness from the beans and sweetness from the mangoes is a perfect combination. Enjoy the salad as a side with oven-roasted or honey-mustard chicken thighs.By Aroma and EssencePrep:15 minsCook:10 minsAdditional:5 minsTotal:30 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 1 pound fresh green beans, trimmed
- 1 large red bell pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 large mango, thinly sliced
- 2 medium shallots, thinly sliced
- ¼ cup crumbled feta cheese
- 1 small red onion, minced
- ¼ cup white balsamic vinegar
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1 tablespoon whole grain mustard
- 1 tablespoon poppy seeds
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- salt and freshly ground black pepper to taste
- Step 1Bring a large pot of salted water to a boil. Add beans and boil until color changes to bright green, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Step 2Drain beans completely and run under cold water or submerge in a bowl with ice-cold water to stop the cooking process. Once cooled, drain completely and set aside.
- Step 3Combine bell pepper, mango, and shallots in a large salad bowl. Add green beans and feta cheese; toss to combine.
- Step 4Combine onion, balsamic vinegar, sugar, mustard, and poppy seeds together in a bowl. Drizzle in olive oil while whisking rapidly until dressing is smooth. Season with salt and pepper.
- Step 5Drizzle about 1/4 cup vinaigrette over the salad and mix to combine.
Use a semi-ripe mango that will hold its shape when sliced.
Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of dressing. The actual amount of dressing consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 342 calories; protein 6.6g; carbohydrates 40g; fat 18.9g; cholesterol 14mg; sodium 253.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 08/02/2021