Why this Recipe Works
- We make our sugar free Cheesecake Bars with Monk fruit powder. It sweetens the cheesecake filling perfectly without leaving behind an unpleasant aftertaste.
- Keto no bake cheesecake means no heating up your house and no worrying about cracked cheesecakes.
- You only need a few minutes to whip together the cheesecake. Then relax while it chills in the fridge, hands off.
- The cold berries on top make the cheesecake bars look as amazing as they taste!
Mixed Berries. You can use any kind of berry or combo of berries you enjoy. Try strawberry, blueberry, raspberry . . . the tasty options are endless.
Powdered Monkfruit. If you only have granulated monkfruit, turn it into powder by blending it in your high speed blender or food processor. It should resemble the consistency of powdered sugar.
Almond Flour. Pure almonds, no wheat products. This gluten free alternative is also packed with protein!
For the crust:
Combine almond flour with 2 tablespoons of powdered monkfruit and melted butter. Press into a square baking dish. Let the crust chill while you make the filling.
For the cheesecake filling:
Beat cream cheese with monkfruit powder. Blend in vanilla extract, sour cream and lime juice until well combined.
Pour this filling into the chilled crust.
For the berry topping:
Put the frozen berries in a sauce pan. Warm on medium heat until the berries become a light jam. Pour the jam over the filling.
Chill the cheesecake bars in the fridge for at least four hours. Overnight works, too!
Tips & Tricks
- Slice the cheesecake into 9 square bars before serving.
- Keep any uneaten bars in a covered container in the refrigerator. For best taste, enjoy no bake cheesecake bars within 5 days.
- If you’re using fresh berries, skip the cooking step. Just add the berries right to the top of the cheesecake before setting. Both ways are equally delicious.
- Add a dollop of sugar free whipped cream to the top with fresh berries instead of the jam.
What is monkfruit ?
Monkfruits are small melon-like gourds from South East Asia. The monk fruit sweetener in this recipe is made from the fruit’s extracts. The extract contains no naturally occurring sugars but is at least 150 times sweeter than sugar. It’s also calorie free, fat free and carb free. Unlike many other sugar substitutes, monkfruit extract is stable at high heats making it perfect for baking.Is almond flour the same as almond meal?
No, it is not. Almond meal is made from unpeeled, raw almonds and is coarser than almond flour. Almond flour should be used in this recipe for consistent results.Can I use fat free cream cheese in this cheesecake recipe?
I don’t recommend low fat or fat free cheesecakes. Not only do they tend to have added sugars, they are also less rich and creamy than regular versions.Can I use a different sugar substitute in this recipe?
Yes, you’re welcome to try these sugar free no-bake cheesecake bars with any of your favorite sugar swaps! Let me know how it turns out!