Better-Than-Olive Garden® Alfredo SauceWhether it’s chicken Alfredo or fettuccine Alfredo, the Alfredo sauce has always had my heart. This is a simple and basic recipe for Italian starters. Enjoy!By str0ngwarri0rPrep:10 minsCook:20 minsTotal:30 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 3 tablespoons sweet butter
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- ¼ teaspoon ground white pepper
- ½ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- ¾ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- 1 (12 ounce) package angel hair pasta
- Step 1Melt butter and olive oil in a saucepan over medium-low heat. Add cream, garlic, and white pepper; bring to just under a boil. Reduce heat and simmer, stirring often, until mixture is slightly reduced, about 5 minutes.
- Step 2Stir Parmesan cheese into cream mixture and simmer until sauce is thickened and smooth, 8 to 10 minutes. Add mozzarella cheese to sauce; cook and stir until cheese is melted, about 5 minutes.
- Step 3Bring a large pot of lightly salted water to a boil. Cook angel hair in the boiling water, stirring occasionally until cooked through but firm to the bite, 3 to 5 minutes. Drain and transfer pasta to serving plates. Spoon sauce over pasta.
For an added touch, sprinkle some freshly chopped parsley over your personal plate.
If you have a rotisserie chicken just waiting to be used, I suggest to use the whole chicken breast and cut into bite-size pieces and stir into your finished sauce. Both could really take your dish to the next level.
Please note the difference in pasta type when using the magazine version of this recipe.
Per Serving: 883 calories; protein 20.5g; carbohydrates 50.8g; fat 67.9g; cholesterol 208.3mg; sodium 561.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 08/05/2021