Apple Pie by Grandma OpleThis was my grandmother’s apple pie recipe. I have never seen another one quite like it. It will always be my favorite and has won me several first place prizes in local competitions. I hope it becomes one of your favorites as well!By MOSHASMAMAPrep:30 minsCook:1 hrTotal:1 hr 30 minsServings:8Yield:1 – 9 inch pie
- 1 recipe pastry for a 9 inch double crust pie
- ½ cup unsalted butter
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup water
- ½ cup white sugar
- ½ cup packed brown sugar
- 8 Granny Smith apples – peeled, cored and sliced
- Step 1Preheat oven to 425 degrees F (220 degrees C). Melt the butter in a saucepan. Stir in flour to form a paste. Add water, white sugar and brown sugar, and bring to a boil. Reduce temperature and let simmer.
- Step 2Place the bottom crust in your pan. Fill with apples, mounded slightly. Cover with a lattice work crust. Gently pour the sugar and butter liquid over the crust. Pour slowly so that it does not run off.
- Step 3Bake 15 minutes in the preheated oven. Reduce the temperature to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Continue baking for 35 to 45 minutes, until apples are soft.
Per Serving: 512 calories; protein 3.6g; carbohydrates 67.8g; fat 26.7g; cholesterol 30.5mg; sodium 240.8mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 08/25/2021