Yield: 10 Servings
Apple Cinnamon Bread
4.9 Stars (35 Reviews)Prep Time15 minutesCook Time50 minutesTotal Time1 hour 5 minutes
For the bread
- ½ cup packed light brown sugar
- 2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- ⅔ cup granulated sugar
- ½ cup unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1 ½ teaspoons baking powder
- ½ cup milk
- 1 large apple, peeled and finely chopped (about 1 cup apple bits)
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 Tablespoons milk
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease and flour a 9 x 5-inch loaf pan.
- In a small bowl,. combine brown sugar and cinnamon together and set aside.
- In a large mixing bowl, combine granulated sugar and butter until smooth. Add eggs and vanilla and continue to beat on medium speed until combined.
- Add flour and baking powder, then mix in the milk.
- Pour half the batter into the prepared pan. Cover with half of the diced apples (press them slightly into the batter).
- Sprinkle with half of brown sugar and cinnamon mixture.
- Pour the remaining batter over apple layer; top with remaining apples and add more brown sugar/cinnamon mixture.
- Pat topping into the batter with the back of a large spoon.
- Bake for 50 minutes or until toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan 10 minutes before transferring to a cooling rack.
- In a small bowl, whisk together the icing ingredients until smooth. Drizzle over cooled bread and allow to set, about 15 minutes. ENJOY.
- Store wrapped at room temperature or freeze for later!
Yield: 10Serving Size: 1
Amount Per Serving:Calories: 317Total Fat: 11gSaturated Fat: 6gTrans Fat: 0gUnsaturated Fat: 4gCholesterol: 63mgSodium: 100mgCarbohydrates: 52gFiber: 1gSugar: 36gProtein: 4g