30 minPrep Time 05 hrs 05 minTotal Time 12Servings
3 medium (4 cups) ripe pears, peeled, chopped
6 tablespoons Land O Lakes® Maple Brown Sugar Butter Spread
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Maple Brown Sugar Butter Spread
1 (1-pound) loaf challah bread
2 cups whole milk
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1/2 cup chopped pecans
6 tablespoons powdered sugar
1 tablespoon Land O Lakes® Heavy Whipping Cream
How to make
- STEP 1Combine pears, 6 tablespoons maple butter spread, cinnamon and salt in 10-inch skillet. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, 12-15 minutes or until pears are caramelized and soft. Remove from heat; set aside.
- STEP 2Grease 13×9-inch glass or ceramic baking dish with 1 tablespoon maple butter spread.
- STEP 3Heat oven to 350°F.
- STEP 4Slice bread into 1-inch-thick slices. Layer bread with cooked pears in prepared baking dish. Whisk together milk, eggs and vanilla in large bowl. Pour over bread. Cover; refrigerate at least 4 hours or overnight.
- STEP 5Sprinkle bread with pecans. Bake, uncovered, 35-45 minutes or until knife inserted near center comes out clean and edges are golden brown.
- STEP 6Combine all glaze ingredients; immediately drizzle over French toast bake. Scoop or slice to serve.