Chicken and Broccoli Stir-FryDelicious, savory, and visually enticing chicken and broccoli stir-fry recipe! This is a double recipe because leftovers are fantastic and the single recipe never seems to be enough! Halve the recipe if desired. Serve with hot cooked brown or white rice.By spaisley39Prep:30 minsCook:20 minsAdditional:30 minsTotal:80 minsServings:6Yield:6 servings
- 6 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons cornstarch, divided
- 4 large skinless, boneless chicken breasts, cut into thin strips
- 2 cups boiling water, or more as needed
- 1 ½ tablespoons instant chicken bouillon granules
- ½ teaspoon ground ginger, or more to taste
- ¼ cup canola oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil, divided
- 4 cups fresh broccoli florets, or more to taste
- 1 medium red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- ½ green bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 2 tablespoons minced garlic
- ½ teaspoon crushed red pepper, or more to taste
- 1 cup toasted slivered almonds
- Step 1Combine soy sauce and 1 tablespoon cornstarch in a glass bowl or zip-top bag. Add chicken; stir to coat. Remove all air from baggie before sealing, or cover the bowl. Refrigerate at least 30 minutes.
- Step 2Combine boiling water and bouillon granules in another bowl, stir until dissolved. Add remaining cornstarch and ginger; stir to combine.
- Step 3Heat half of the canola oil and 1 tablespoon sesame oil to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) in an electric skillet or in a heavy skillet over medium-high heat. Add broccoli, bell peppers, onion, and garlic. Stir-fry until crisp-tender, 5 to 7 minutes. Remove from the skillet with a slotted spoon to a serving dish.
- Step 4Heat remaining canola oil and sesame oil in same skillet to 365 degrees F (185 degrees C) or medium-high heat. Add chicken mixture and crushed red pepper. Stir-fry until chicken is no longer pink in the centers and juices run clear, 7 to 10 minutes. Return vegetables to the skillet. Add bouillon mixture. Stir until thickened. Stir in optional almonds.
You can use vegetable oil instead of canola.
Nutrition data for this recipe includes the full amount of marinade ingredients. The actual amount of marinade consumed will vary.
Per Serving: 468 calories; protein 38.9g; carbohydrates 17.2g; fat 27.2g; cholesterol 86.3mg; sodium 1285.4mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 09/22/2021