Yellow Squash CasseroleTender squash, gooey cheese and crunchy crackers make this a memorable side dish or a hearty main course. This is a great dish that can be made with low-fat ingredients and is still just as good!By ROSECARTPrep:20 minsCook:30 minsTotal:50 minsServings:10Yield:1 – 9×13 inch pan
- 4 cups sliced yellow squash
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 35 buttery round crackers, crushed
- 1 cup shredded Cheddar cheese
- 2 eggs, beaten
- ¾ cup milk
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon salt
- ground black pepper to taste
- 2 tablespoons butter
- Step 1Preheat oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C).
- Step 2Place squash and onion in a large skillet over medium heat. Pour in a small amount of water. Cover, and cook until squash is tender, about 5 minutes. Drain well, and place in a large bowl.
- Step 3In a medium bowl, mix together cracker crumbs and cheese. Stir half of the cracker mixture into the cooked squash and onions. In a small bowl, mix together eggs and milk, then add to squash mixture. Stir in 1/4 cup melted butter, and season with salt and pepper. Spread into a 9×13 inch baking dish. Sprinkle with remaining cracker mixture, and dot with 2 tablespoons butter.
- Step 4Bake in preheated oven for 25 minutes, or until lightly browned.
Per Serving: 196 calories; protein 6.1g; carbohydrates 10.3g; fat 14.8g; cholesterol 68.8mg; sodium 463.5mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 09/26/2021