Autumn Spiced Butternut Squash BreadThis is a good way to use butternut squash. It has the aroma and flavors of a pumpkin bread. A great bread for Thanksgiving time.By BOLTONLANEPrep:15 minsCook:1 hrAdditional:1 hrTotal:2 hrs 15 minsServings:20Yield:2 9×5-inch loaves
- 2 ⅔ cups white sugar
- ⅔ cup shortening
- 2 cups pureed cooked butternut squash
- 4 eggs
- ⅔ cup water
- 3 ⅓ cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground cloves
- ⅔ cup chopped walnuts (Optional)
- ⅔ cup raisins (Optional)
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease two 9×5-inch loaf pans.
- Step 2Beat sugar and shortening together in a bowl until fluffy. Stir butternut squash, eggs, and water into sugar mixture.
- Step 3Mix flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt, cinnamon, and cloves in another bowl; stir into sugar mixture. Add nuts and raisins; stir until batter is just blended. Pour batter into prepared loaf pans.
- Step 4Bake in the preheated oven until a toothpick inserted into the center comes out clean, about 1 hour. Cool in the pans for 15 minutes before removing to cool completely on a wire rack.
Per Serving: 306 calories; protein 4.5g; carbohydrates 50.2g; fat 10.6g; cholesterol 37.2mg; sodium 365.1mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/07/2021