Southern Stir-FryWho says stir-fry has to be Asian? Enjoy this zesty blend of rice, corn, black-eyed peas, and spinach.By MsIndy69Prep:10 minsCook:10 minsTotal:20 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (15 ounce) can black-eyed peas, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 cup frozen corn
- 1 cup cooked white rice, cold
- 1 ½ teaspoons chopped fresh thyme leaves
- ½ teaspoon garlic salt
- ⅛ teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 2 cups lightly packed fresh spinach leaves
- Step 1Heat a wok or 12-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add oil and rotate wok or skillet to coat the sides.
- Step 2Add black-eyed peas, onion, corn, rice, thyme, garlic salt, and cayenne; stir-fry until heated through, 3 to 4 minutes. Add spinach and stir-fry until it begins to wilt, 1 to 2 minutes.
You can use 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves instead of the fresh thyme, if desired.
Per Serving: 219 calories; protein 8.2g; carbohydrates 38.6g; fat 4.5g; sodium 555.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/15/2021