Potato, Spinach, and Cheese QuicheEnjoy this quiche for breakfast, lunch, or dinner! For breakfast, serve with a side of bacon and some fruit or juice; for lunch, present with a salad and iced tea; or for dinner, plate it with a side of steamed broccoli or carrots and some crusty French bread.By BibiPrep:20 minsCook:50 minsAdditional:15 minsTotal:85 minsServings:8Yield:1 9-inch quiche
- 1 sheet pastry dough for 9-inch tart
- 5 ounces frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 2 cups frozen hash brown potatoes, thawed
- 1 ½ cups shredded Gruyere cheese, divided
- 7 large eggs, beaten
- ½ cup heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons everything bagel seasoning
- 3 dashes hot pepper sauce (such as Tabasco®), or to taste
- Step 1Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F (200 degrees C). Cut a 9-inch circle of parchment paper.
- Step 2Place pastry crust in a 9-inch quiche or pie pan, gently shaping and stretching to fit. Prick crust with a fork several times and place parchment circle over top. Add pie weights or dried beans on top of parchment paper.
- Step 3Set the pan on a baking sheet and place in the center of the preheated oven. Reduce heat to 375 degrees F (190 degrees C) and bake about 10 minutes. Remove to a wire rack and cool for about 5 minutes. Carefully remove pie weights or beans and parchment paper. Leave oven on.
- Step 4While the crust is cooling, squeeze thawed spinach between several layers of paper towels, to remove most of the moisture. Set aside.
- Step 5Add thawed potatoes to the cooled crust. Sprinkle 1 cup shredded Gruyere cheese on top.
- Step 6Stir beaten eggs, cream, bagel seasoning, and hot pepper sauce in a large bowl until ingredients are fully incorporated. Stir in spinach, breaking up any clumps. Pour mixture over the cheese and potatoes. Sprinkle the remaining 1/2 cup Gruyere on top.
- Step 7Place in the center of the oven and bake until eggs are set and a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean, 40 to 45 minutes. Remove from the oven and cool on a rack for 10 minutes. Serve warm.
You can substitute Swiss cheese for Gruyere cheese.
Per Serving: 301 calories; protein 9.3g; carbohydrates 19.4g; fat 22.7g; cholesterol 42.7mg; sodium 309.1mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/17/2021