Air-Fried Chicken CalzoneFresh baby spinach, marinara, mozzarella, and cooked chicken breast are stuffed in this air-fried calzone. Serve with more marinara sauce for dipping.By Allrecipes MagazinePrep:15 minsCook:15 minsTotal:30 minsServings:2Yield:2 servings
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- ¼ cup finely chopped red onion
- 3 cups baby spinach leaves
- ⅓ cup low-sodium marinara sauce
- ⅓ cup shredded cooked chicken breast
- 6 ounces prepared pizza dough
- ⅓ cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- cooking spray
- Step 1Heat oil in a nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion; cook, stirring occasionally, until tender, about 2 minutes. Stir in spinach; cover and cook until wilted, about 1 1/2 minutes. Remove from heat; stir in marinara and chicken.
- Step 2Preheat an air fryer to 325 degrees F (165 degrees C) according to manufacturer’s instructions.
- Step 3Divide dough into 4 equal pieces. Roll each piece on a lightly floured work surface into a 6-inch circle. Spread 1/4 of the spinach mixture over the bottom half of each dough circle. Top each with 1/4 of the mozzarella cheese. Fold dough over filling to form half-moons and crimp edges to seal. Coat well with cooking spray.
- Step 4Transfer calzone to the air fryer basket. Cook for 8 minutes. Turn calzone over; cook until golden brown, about 4 minutes more.
Per Serving: 397 calories; protein 21g; carbohydrates 49.8g; fat 11.9g; cholesterol 29mg; sodium 924.6mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/22/2021