Easy Ginger BeefIn looking for a healthier version of the standard ginger beef, I came up with this non-deep fried version. The longer you marinate the beef, the more ginger flavor it soaks up.By LittldotPrep:25 minsCook:30 minsAdditional:30 minsTotal:85 minsServings:4Yield:4 servings
- 1 pound round steak, thinly sliced
- 1 (1 inch) piece fresh ginger root, peeled and thinly sliced
- 1 tablespoon soy sauce
- 1 teaspoon butter
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 onion, chopped
- 12 mushrooms, sliced
- ¼ cup sweet and sour sauce
- 4 cups cooked rice
- Step 1Place steak, ginger, and soy sauce in a bowl; turn to coat steak. Cover tightly; marinate in the refrigerator for at least 30 minutes or up to overnight.
- Step 2Heat a wok over high heat; pour in beef mixture. Cover wok; cook until beef is browned, about 5 minutes. Remove beef from wok.
- Step 3Heat butter in wok over high heat; stir in bell pepper, onion, mushrooms, and sweet and sour sauce. Cover and cook until vegetables begin to soften, about 3 minutes. Stir cooked beef into vegetable mixture; cook until heated through, about 2 minutes. Serve over cooked rice.
Any cut of beef suitable for marinating can be used in this recipe, such as sirloin tip, inside round, eye of round, outside round, flank, or full round.
Per Serving: 484 calories; protein 30g; carbohydrates 66.7g; fat 9.8g; cholesterol 63mg; sodium 326.9mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/24/2021