Grandma’s Spinach Souffle BakeThis dish is a great vegetable side dish that my Grandma used to make. I used to hate spinach before I tried this dish and now I love it and make it for guests!By FRKLS4DPrep:20 minsCook:45 minsAdditional:5 minsTotal:70 minsServings:12Yield:12 servings
- 2 cups cottage cheese
- 3 eggs, beaten
- 3 (10 ounce) packages chopped frozen spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1 ½ cups shredded Cheddar cheese, divided
- Step 1Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease sides and bottom of an 8 inch square baking dish.
- Step 2In a large bowl, mix together the cottage cheese and eggs. Stir in spinach, salt, nutmeg, and 11/4 cups of shredded Cheddar cheese. Mix until well blended. Spread evenly into prepared pan.
- Step 3Bake in preheated oven for 45 minutes, or until firm. Remove from oven, and sprinkle with remaining cheese. Allow to rest for 5 minutes before serving.
Per Serving: 134 calories; protein 12.4g; carbohydrates 4.3g; fat 8g; cholesterol 67mg; sodium 406.5mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 10/26/2021