Grandma’s Corn Bread DressingMy grandmother often made this for my family at holidays and also just with good homemade meals. I hope you enjoy it as much as I have!By AmyPrep:45 minsCook:30 minsTotal:1 hr 15 minsServings:6Yield:6 to 8 servings
- 1 (16 ounce) package dry corn bread mix
- 2 tablespoons butter
- ½ cup chopped celery
- 1 small onion
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups chicken stock
- 2 tablespoons dried sage
- salt and pepper to taste
- Step 1Prepare the dry corn bread mix according to package directions. Cool and crumble.
- Step 2Preheat oven to 350 degrees F (175 degrees C). Grease one 9×13 inch baking dish.
- Step 3In a large skillet over medium heat, melt the butter and saute the celery and onion until soft.
- Step 4In a large bowl, combine the celery, onions, 3 cups crumbled corn bread, eggs, chicken stock, sage and salt and pepper to taste; mix well.
- Step 5Place into prepared dish and bake at 350 degrees F (175 degrees C) for 30 minutes.
Per Serving: 363 calories; protein 8.8g; carbohydrates 52.8g; fat 13g; cholesterol 75.8mg; sodium 1582.3mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 11/10/2021