he Original Fantasy FudgeThis recipe used to be found on the back of a well known brand of marshmallow cream. Many were surprised when it was changed. This is the original! You may find that most packages of chocolate chips are 10 ounces now; 12 ounces of chocolate chips is roughly 2 cups.By CAVAMomPrep:10 minsCook:10 minsAdditional:1 hrTotal:1 hr 20 minsServings:117Yield:3 pounds
- 3 cups white sugar
- ¾ cup margarine
- ⅔ cup evaporated milk
- 1 (12 ounce) package semisweet chocolate chips
- 1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
- 1 cup chopped walnuts
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Step 1Grease a 9×13-inch pan.
- Step 2Mix sugar, margarine, and evaporated milk in a large, heavy saucepan over medium heat, stirring to dissolve sugar. Bring mixture to a full boil for 5 minutes, stirring constantly.
- Step 3Remove from heat and stir in chocolate chips until melted and thoroughly combined. Beat in marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Transfer fudge to the prepared pan and let cool before cutting into squares.
To make in microwave, melt margarine in a 4-quart microwave-safe dish and mix sugar and milk into the margarine. Microwave mixture until it begins to boil, about 5 minutes on high, and stir after 3 minutes. Scrape bowl and continue to boil on high for 5 1/2 more minutes. Remove from microwave and stir in chocolate chips until melted, then stir in marshmallow creme, walnuts, and vanilla extract. Pour into prepared baking pan.
Per Serving: 58 calories; protein 0.4g; carbohydrates 8.6g; fat 2.8g; cholesterol 0.4mg; sodium 16.7mg.© Copyright 2021 allrecipes.com. All rights reserved.Printed from https://www.allrecipes.com 12/05/2021